Monday, April 4, 2011
Absolutely LOVED General conference! I was able to take notes on the Saturday morning session and the Sunday morning session. I listened to the afternoon sessions on the radio while I was basking in the sun in Grandma Crandall's pool in St. George and driving home during the Sunday session. WOW! I enjoyed every second listening to the leaders of the church. I am so lucky to be apart of this amazing gospel. What a miracle it is. These are what I like to call "General Conference Gem's" that I picked out during the morning sessions.
General Conference Gems :)
- President Monson: Colorado, Idaho, Canada- new temples! yay :)
- L. Tom Perry: Keep ourselves unspotted from the world and rest from our labors. Keep His sabbath day holy. Come to the sacrament table to self-inspect. My cup runneth over.
- Jean A Stevens 1st counselor Primary Presidency: Children are usually the first to love and the first to forgive. Those who are the greatest in the kingdom are the ones who look for ways to serve. Meet adversity with hope. Behold them(children): embrace them with our eyes and our hearts.
- Walter F. Gonzalez: What is the extent to being a believer? 1. They are a loving people 2. They make and keep covenants. Attend the temple often= avoid divorce. Exercise faith, repent and keep your covenants.
- Kent Richardson:The savior is not a silent observer.
- Quentin L. Cook: Women are incredible. (read talk)
- Henry B. Eyring: Message: Celebrate what the Lord is doing to help those in need. Renew and strengthen your commitment to ACT. We feel sympathy for those we don’t even know. Include your children in service and giving (like Heavenly Father does). “Pull weeds at your Fathers invitation.” 76th anniversary of the welfare program. It really is better to give than to receive. He is so generous to me. I love his work, and it IS work :) You can know as I know.
- Sunday Morning
- President Uchdorf: Preach the gospel constantly and when necessary, use words. Move forward with faith, hope and charity. eived
- Paul V. Johnson: One reason of hardships is because it’s a trial of our faith. No trial that we experience is not worth the experience. The furnace of affliction purifies us all. It burns away imperfections. Sometimes the most difficult times come right before something magnificent. (a mission?) Sometimes we want growth without challenges. Not gonna happen. Just like an athlete. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Guardian angels will attend us. We want the Lord to say “well done thy good and faithful servant.
- David Burton: This gospel has a special emphasis on personal and self-reliance. Avoid debt. Distinguish between needs and wants. Retain a remission of OUR sins. Relief Society- fly to the relief of people. “Be kind to the poor” Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, take care of the sick. “Go and do though likewise”
- Silvia H. Allred: Care for those in need. Apparently we need to hear this. Hooray for visiting and home teachers!
- David A. Bednar: The spirit of revelation is available to every person who is baptized and is worthy of it ask with a pure heart BELIEVING that you will receive. 2 types of revelation: 1. a light turned on in a dark room (more rare) 2. gradual light like the sun. (more common)- line upon line precept upon precept. like Nephi going to get the plates from Laban. People question the power of their testimony because we don’t have striking answers and revelations. You are quite normal. Be steadfast and you can’t go amiss. we receive revelation sometimes without knowing how or when we received it. Act and don’t be acted upon and trust Him that He will guide our steps and utterances.
- President Thomas S. Monson: Make the temple receptacle and memorable. 22 temples are under construction right now. Temples are built and sealed with faith and sacrifice. We will know as we go to the temple that we have done the work for those beyond the vail that they could not do for themselves. Have a picture of the temple in every room in your house.
Friday, April 1, 2011
- Did very well at work
- Had an awesome time in the mountains at a ward activity. I am lucky to have such a great ward.
- I spontaneously went country dancing in salt lake at 10:30 tonight. No regrets. I needed that. It was so fun. Turns out there ARE normal people that country dance. They all just go to SLC! ;)
- I fell in love like 8 times today. I love the single life.
- Today was a good/fun/wholesome day.